Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU),
located at Mikocheni Dar es Salaam, is looking for qualified and well experienced Tanzanians, to fill the following position:
Holder of Master's in Business Administration (Finance), or equivalent with a Certified Public Accountant qualification-CPA (T), ACCA, and CIMA. The qualifications must be from recognized and accredited Universities. Must be registered with a recognized Accounting body as an Authorized Accountant and must have working experience of at least four (4) years of which two (2) years must be from Managerial level at a reputable organization, who is ready to contract on full time basis.
The successful candidate should also possess the following qualities:
- Personal skills in the specialized area of finance and related discipline, excellent report writing skills. Current membership of accounting, auditing and finance professional bodies is a must.
- Able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of principles of new public Management.
- Good leadership skills and qualities.
- Able to communicate with proven interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable personal qualities of transparency and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare the annual budget in collaboration with the planning units.
- To prepare finance reports (weekly, monthly and quarterly) for Management use.
- To prepare finance reports as per IFRS and attend to audit queries during auditing.
- To computerize and update the accounting programme that is used for recording the University’s financial transactions.
- To prepare and produce timely bank reconciliation statements.
- To participate in and prepare documents prior and after stock taking and asset verification.
- To collect revenue and bank promptly.
- To prepare documents for various payments.
- To prepare income and expenditure statements for auditing.
- To update expenditures on a daily basis.
- To carry out procurements in line with the applicable procedures.
- To perform any other such duties as assigned to you by your superior.
Key Performance Evaluation Criteria
- Timely budget preparation.
- Effective control of expenditures.
- To ensure Procurement procedures adhered to.
- Computerization of financial transactions.
- Status of Bank reconciliation statements.
- Timely preparation of finance reports.
- Correct income and expenditure statements submitted for audit.
Remuneration: According to the HKMU salary scale and fringe benefits.
Application Procedure: Interested and qualified applicants for the above post are requested to send their full job application documents to:
Hubert Kairuki Memorial University,
70 Chwaku Road, P. O. Box 65300, Dar es Salaam.
Tel. 255-22-2700021/4, Fax: 255-22-2775591,
For more information about the advert visit www.hkmu.ac.tz
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS 30 NOVEMBER 2018